Composite bonding can quickly repair and improve your smile, without damaging the tooth.
Composite bonding can treat a range of dental issues, which include:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Discoloured or white marked teeth
- Gum recession
- Mis-shapen teeth
- Tooth decay
The Treatment Process
- Direct composite tooth bonding can usually be carried out in a single visit without any anaesthetic. Here is an outline of what you can expect:
- The first stage of the treatment is to select the colour of materials. At Enhance Dental we use only the finest in composite bonding materials from the leading brands.
- When the right colour has been selected, we gently etch the surface of the tooth and coat it with bonding liquid which helps the bonding materials to stay on the surface of your teeth.
- We’ll then sculpt the composite materials onto your teeth to create the perfect shape, and harden it using a high-intensity Ultraviolet light.
- Once the material hardens, we will carry out any further shaping and give your tooth a polish, so it matches the sheen of your other teeth.
The procedure should take between 30 to 60 minutes. However, if you’re having more than one tooth treated it may take a few hours. As we only use the latest high-quality bonding materials, you can expect your composite bonding work to last for 5-7 years, depending on how you look after it, your diet and your bite. Sometimes it can last even longer.
Is Composite Bonding For You?
We recommend composite bonding to patients who do not need more substantial restorative procedures such as fillings, veneers or crowns and who want to transform their smile in a very safe manner.If you’re considering dental bonding, we’ll take a look at your teeth and gums to see if it’s suitable for you. We may also recommend pre-treatment teeth whitening to give the composite resin a better colour to match to.
Book your free online chat today to see if composite bonding could work for you.