Wrinkle Reducing Injections (Botulinum Toxin)
This treatment might be something to consider for:
- Anti ageing treatments – to soften lines and wrinkles. This is commonly used around the forehead, eyebrows and eyes.
- Brow lift and jowl lift
- Help with teeth clenching and grinding
- To relax the upper lip in case of a ‘gummy smile’.
- To treat excess sweating (hyperhidrosis).
- To slim the lower face and neck
How does it work?
The anti ageing injections are botulinum toxin. The toxin targets small muscles in the face; which blocks neurotransmission and prevents the muscle contraction. Reduction in the muscle contraction results in a softening of lines and wrinkles. The toxin targets the sweat glands in a similar way to stop the production of sweat.
When does it start working and how long does it last?
You will see results around 4-14 days after treatment. The effects last 3 – 4 months depending on your response to the treatment; although treatments can last longer. Botulinum toxin is not immediately reversible but will gradually wear off.
Who is not suitable for botulinum toxin treatment?
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- People with a neuromuscular disorder such as MS.
- If the injection site is infected.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Some medications make people unsuitable for treatment.
A full medical history will be taken prior to treatment to ensure you are suitable and safe to treat.
Does it hurt?
Botulinum toxin is administered through small injections across the sites that are being treated, and this is provided with a minimum of discomfort.
Will I bruise after treatment?
After treatment, there may be a small amount of swelling, redness or bruising but this tends to settle quickly. Some patients report having headaches after treatment but this should subside in 24 hours.
Keep your facial muscles active after the procedure and do not unnecessarily touch or rub your face for 24 hours.
Do not consume alcohol or pain medication immediately after the treatment.
Is it safe?
Yes. As long as you are medically suitable.
What product do we use?