Dermal Fillers are made using Hyaluronic Acid which is a naturally occurring substance in the body. It is one of the main components responsible for plump, smooth and youthful looking skin.
As we age the tissue that lies beneath the skin loses volume. Dermal Filler is injected into the skin to restore the appearance of volume and elasticity. The treatment aims to gradually fill out lines and smooth wrinkles.
What are dermal fillers used for?
- Anti ageing treatments to treat facial lines such as the folds between the nose and the mouth, and the lines that run from the sides of the mouth to the chin.
- To create natural enhancements on the face jaw, cheeks and chin.
- To redefine, rejuvenate and reshape the lips.
- To treat the hollows beneath the eye area that form as we age.
- To rejuvenate the skin and disguise scarring.
How long does the dermal filler last?
After having the treatment you will notice a difference instantly. The effects of the dermal filler will last between 6 – 18 months depending on the areas treated, the skin quality and the amount of filler used. General health and lifestyle also affect the longevity of dermal filler.
Is dermal filler treatment safe and is it suitable for everyone?
Dermal fillers are very safe as Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, and that means it is very bio-compatible with the body.
There are some groups of people who should not have dermal filler treatment:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- People who get keloid scarring.
- Some medications make people unsuitable for treatment.
A full medical history will be taken prior to treatment to ensure you are suitable and safe to treat.
Does the treatment hurt?
Treatment is carried out using both cannula and needling techniques. We are trained to cause as little trauma as possible in order to make the treatment comfortable. The dermal fillers that we use contain a local anaesthetic and prior to treatment, we can apply additional local anaesthetic in form of cream or injection.
Will I bruise after having the treatment?
After the treatment, you may experience some swelling, redness or bruising but this should not last long.